Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bird Cockatoo Beak Sulphur-crested cockatoo Feather

So I just bought a new cockatiel yesterday. Handfed and gorgeous. I used to own one about 10 years ago. I wonder what you recommend as a top seed blend right now. Also looking for possible name recommendations. I’m thinking Maui as it’s my favorite island in Hawaii and (he/she sex to be determined) is exotic and peaceful just as peaceful as Hawaii. My ears are open to all suggestions. Including the look of health for just about 3 months old.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
785 Posts
WOW! That is one VERY amazing looking bird! If I'm not mistaken, that is an all white which i think is on the rare side. Welcome to both you and your new bird! Hope you find the forums helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! That is one VERY amazing looking bird! If I'm not mistaken, that is an all white which i think is on the rare side. Welcome to both you and your new bird! Hope you find the forums helpful.
Thank you! She’s a baby. Sex to be determined. A creamino cockatiel. Bought her hand fed/ tamed for $350. So far everything’s great. But any recommendations on a good seed blend. So many out there with fake reviews.

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
785 Posts
We have had a good number of tiels over the years and I think an excellemt blend would be RoudyBush cockatiel pellets mixed with Higgins Saflower Gold. IF that's a rare a bird as I think it could be....you got one **** of a deal with that price!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts