Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am brand new to the bird world and have just purchased a white faced pied from a local breeder. She won't be ready for her new home for another 3 or 4 weeks, though.
I will probably have a ton of questions. If anyone can share some bonding advice, that would be much appreciated. I am a little worried about night frights that cockatiels seem to experience. I have an 8 year old daughter and our home can be noisy at times - especially since she is going through a tough sleeping time right now - the breeder thought that it wouldn't be a problem though since all of her birds are raised in a busy, somewhat noisy household. However, if anyone can share some advice, I would appreciate it.
I was trying to attach a picture of her (JPeg), and was not able to. Can I only do that under "cockatiel gallery"?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your baby. You'll be able to find plenty of answers here, I'm sure. Feel free to look around and ask anything that's on your mind. As far as the picture not working, did it say the file was too large? There is a limit for them. You can always load it onto photobucket.com and post it that way. Just copy the

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D I bet you're so impatient to get your new friend home. Night frights shouldn't be much of a problem if you get him a night light for beside his cage. It's helped my guys heaps.

·
Registered
581 Posts
welcome to the forums...
i love whitefaces, i have 6 of them!
i am sure s/he will be everything you wished for and more ;)
i have a very busy house, and i am lucky enough to have never had a night fright...
although i have had the birds freak out twice, from a RAT being on their cages...
my dog usually gets them before they get to the birdroom, but he was in trouble for pulling empty KFC wrappers out of the bin, so he was tied up... so i untied him, and he caught the rat, and they all calmed down after that!
i guess my guys dont get random night frights, cos there IS something to be scared of... and they know they are safe from it!, one of my tiels, Cinnamaroll, actually whistles for the dog when she sees a mouse! :p

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Welcome!

In this house, the noise couldn't be louder, with a sister and a brother it is really noisy. My mum and dad tell them to shut up anyway! LOL! :lol:

I cover my birds at night, and I don't have a night light, they have only had one night fright. So it isn't that bad!

Can't wait too see some pics! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.