Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pied: Hello! I just got a young cockatiel last week, adorable Pippin. We live in New Zealand. :D

When we got him we were told to feed him egg mix when we got him but he would not eat it, but loves his seeds, broccoli, lettuce, and spinach. I am hoping to get him on to pellets one day, but he tried them and I think they are a bit hard for him at the moment (I got the smallest ones suitable they had).

He has now discovered his toys! He is not hand tame though, he does like our company and is not afraid of faces just hands, but I am trying to get him used to my hands slowly but I only just got him and he is just young (maybe 6 weeks, but I am 14 :) ).

He is very cute, here is a photo and a drawing I did of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Awww! What a sweetheart :D And your drawing is pretty cool, too :D

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
He's a cutie! I got Joey to eat his pellets by hand feeding them, through the bars of the cage. He thought of them as treats, so they seemed special, and the barrier of the bars between us seemed to make him feel safe. I didn't force it, but let it be his idea.

He will be 3 in a few weeks. and still seems to think hand fed pellets are amazing treats. I don't mind him thinking the healthy stuff is treats. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone!

Yes, he is very cute, and he has just started to eat millet spray from my hands too. :D

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Adorable 'tiel! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
New owner and artist as well, here! Hello there to you both, from me and my boy Hermes! :) Hope you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat ^-^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts