Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I got a new coackatiel a couple of days ago. He's 12-15 weeks, and called Charlie. This morning, whilst I was cleaning up his cage, he flew out, and straight into the window, and then the mirror. It took a while, but I eventually got him back into his cage. I have notice a bit of blood between his nostrils. Should I take him a to a vet?
Also, when I put him back into his cage he didn't move for hours, and shakes any time I go near the cage. He also hasn't eaten or drank anything since and is not being as vocal as he usually is. He usually squarks quite a lot and he's only being doing little squeaks every now and then. Will he be ok with a bit of time, or should I take him to a vet?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'd recommend a vet. He's probably going to be pretty shaken up for the next couple days, it has to be pretty scary. I would also recommend putting stickers or something on both the window and mirror so that he knows not to run into them again. Is he not a very good flyer right now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He seems to fly find, I think it was blind panic. He's still quiet, but I think he's tired. I have managed to give him a little bit of millet so he seems to be doing a bit better.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Good to hear. Scares are no joke. I'm glad he's doing OK.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would recommend going to the vet as well, just to be on the safe side and check for any head trauma. When I had budgies, one of my girls did that and wound up with a concussion. Hopefully all is good with your little guy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh yay! Another Charlie!
That sounds pretty scary for you. I would take your Charlie to the vet just to be on the safe side. You can never be too careful!

Cool luck from me and my Charlie!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts