Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I brought my cockatiel home about four days ago, and she’s mainly just at the bottom of the cage. She’s active, and does climb up from time to time, it almost seems like she’s a little scared to sit on the perches. I’ve made sure she has food and water down there for her, but I’m worried she’s sick. She’s definitely female, and 5 months old. Any advice is helpful, thank you.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

Does she eat and drink okay? Have you had her checked out by an avian vet to make sure she is healthy? If you haven't, this would be the first thing to do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What kind of perches do you have in her cage? Cockatiels tend to like wood perches but don't really like the plastic ones that typically come with the cage.

Whenever, i got my first cockatiel (about 3 weeks ago). He barely ate his food for the first few days just the millet. He would go stand on his perches but only on the lowest branch for about a week then once he got more comfortable he started going all over the cage.

I know hanging near the bottom can be a concern with sickness but my cockatiel did it for about a week when I first brought him home until he was more comfortable. But going to the vet and making sure never hurts. It also helps to establish a relationship with your vet early on so they know your cockatiel before there is an emergency or sickness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.