Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks now in preparation of getting my new bird. I just got a cockatiel on Thursday (3 days ago). Today was the first day she let me get her out of the cage and she jumped (i'm assuming trying to fly) and fell and broke a blood feather. After some googling I got my tweezers pulled it put some cornstarch on and held gauze on it until it stopped bleeding and all seems good now. While doing this I noticed that she has several quills sticking out on her wings that do not have a blood supply and do not have any feathers on it. The pet store I got her from has obviously clipped her wings and very badly. I will be taking her to the vet soon I just wanted her to get used to me before traveling with her again. My question is the quills I see are those new feathers that are coming in? She is 6 months old. Or will the vet need to pull all of those out. I feel so bad for her I know they are bothering her because she is preening a lot at that area.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts