Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many tiels could I put in a 60"x18''x36'' cage? It's 60'' accross the front and 36'' high.Any help would is greatly appreciated im trying to find cages for my tiels but I dont know exactly what kind of cage houses 6 or more tiels .I'm guessing I need more than a couple of cages :(.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
you would need one HUGE cage to house all 6 tiels together I am not great with my sizes so I will leave that to someone else, I think you might need a few though :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
One of those cages (i.e. before two are joined to make that one big one) is the size of mine and two are comfortable in that, at a stretch you could fit three providing they get lots of out time. So i think you could house 6 tiels in that without too much problems, but 4-5 would be more ideal.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I mean, that Gray looks so small on there lol.
Is that a photo that you know is real? :p I only ask because i've seen some truly ridiculous photos which give the impression you could fit a couple of eclectus parrots and a ringneck or two in a cage half the size of the double one in this thread and still have room for more. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm I guess I'll have to buy 4...It's really just for them to sleep in because they spend all day out in my room ,It is completely safe though I made sure to cover everything that could hurt them .

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Is that a photo that you know is real? :p I only ask because i've seen some truly ridiculous photos which give the impression you could fit a couple of eclectus parrots and a ringneck or two in a cage half the size of the double one in this thread and still have room for more. ;)

I've seen ad's like that mainly on Petsmart, They'll have FAKE birds in the cage that are about 5-10xs SMALLER then a real live bird if not smaller and that just irks me to no end

but I gotta say that cage does look huge, I'm not good with messurments BUT by looking at it if your birds are going to mainly just sleep & Eat in it I don't see why you couldn't use one cage for all of them, as long as they get along that is Just make sure you got enough food/ water containers for all of them so they don't fight over them

i got more then enough for the 2 tiels we have and my daughters is a hog she'll push the other one out of the food bowl instead of just going to one of the other ones and when my Daughter's bird goes to another dish to eat she'll come over within minutes and push her out of that one - BUT they both do get to eat pleanty

they've got 2 dishes with water and 3 plastic food bowls with 3 different types of food in it, 2 different ceramic bowls one with treats one with food

1 - 10 of 10 Posts