Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the new cage im getting for the tiels my mam is ordering it on Thursday and it dosent cost much for the size of it.I will be able to fit lots of toys in for them they will have great fun in it and theres a play area on top.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a nice looking cage however I don't care for those tall skinny cages, they don't give any room for a bird to stretch out. I prefer cages like this... http://www.petco.com/assets/product_images/0/094922279552C.jpg As a matter of fact I have 4 of these...lol Another good sized cage is this one... https://secure.img1.wfrcdn.com/lf/187/hash/2210/10008070/1/Flight+Cage+in+Black.jpg I have 1 of those, nice cage but not as quality as the 1st one.
It looks skinny in the picture but its actually wide and its for birds like senegals and large conures

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It looks skinny in the picture but its actually wide and its for birds like senegals and large conures
What are the measurements? I bought steel and glass bowls for mine... I doubt a senegal could stretch its wings out fully in there... I hate how stores advertise cages for birds when it is clearly not suitable for the birds they say... Have you seen how small some finch and budgie cages are?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think it looks great especially if your birds are out a lot of the time. Peppy only really uses hers for sleeping in otherwise I would get a larger one.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the measurements? I bought steel and glass bowls for mine... I doubt a senegal could stretch its wings out fully in there... I hate how stores advertise cages for birds when it is clearly not suitable for the birds they say... Have you seen how small some finch and budgie cages are?
Im going to have my dinner now so ill tell you the measurements later and you can tell me if its ok they are out all the time two they get out for about 10 hours a day and about 8 hours on weekdays depends on when they are going asleep.I hate when I see travel cages that are used as budgie cages.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it looks great especially if your birds are out a lot of the time. Peppy only really uses hers for sleeping in otherwise I would get a larger one.
Yeah mine only use their cage for sleeping and eating and they go in if they want to relax or play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts