Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My cockatiels have had their 1st clutch, we have 2 healthy babies. The 1st was born a couple days ago and the 2nd this morning. Baby 2 has much more fuzz and darker eyes.

Pictures of babes and parents here:

Is this a good indication that the older baby is a white face Lutino? Or could it also be whiteface cinnamon? I know both mutations can show a lighter eye.

Is the less fuzz something to worry about?

Pictures are here:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi! Hope you’re well. Both chicks seem light to me. However, the black eyes could either mean it’s an albino mutation or that its a different type. Whiteface lutinos have red eyes but the second chick doesn’t, which could be a mutation. Either way, I’m sure they’ll grow up to be beautiful cockatiels! I really don’t know if you should be worried about the little fuzziness. The second chick seems just as big and fuzzier. I really don’t know what to say about that. I see that your post was posted 18 days ago so maybe you’ve found out! Anyways, hope this was of help. Have a nice day!

P.S. Can I ask what the parents were?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Friends...!!!!

I Love Pet. But How to Breed the Cocktiels. I don't Know. Please Suggest me
Hi! I’ve never bred cockatiels but am getting into it soon. Based on the research I’ve done, you should separate the breeding pair in a large cage that will get 10-12 of sunlight a day. Artificial lighting may also increase your chances. Give them a variety of foods including seeds, pellets, veggies and fruits, and soft foods, such as eggs. Make sure to give them a large nesting box that’s securely tightened to the side of the cage. Provide materials they can make their nest comfortable with. Also, do give them a cuttlebone. Calcium is very important during breeding. Also, make sure that the pair is bonded and they have to be healthy. Don’t breed them at too young an age. I‘d say a year or a year and a half is a good age. That’s all I have now. Hope this works!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I’ve never bred cockatiels but am getting into it soon. Based on the research I’ve done, you should separate the breeding pair in a large cage that will get 10-12 of sunlight a day. Artificial lighting may also increase your chances. Give them a variety of foods including seeds, pellets, veggies and fruits, and soft foods, such as eggs. Make sure to give them a large nesting box that’s securely tightened to the side of the cage. Provide materials they can make their nest comfortable with. Also, do give them a cuttlebone. Calcium is very important during breeding. Also, make sure that the pair is bonded and they have to be healthy. Don’t breed them at too young an age. I‘d say a year or a year and a half is a good age. That’s all I have now. Hope this works!
Hi...!!!

Really Thank You for your information. It is amazing..:) @Isabella.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts