Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone missed Jazz so we went this morning to the place we got the babies from and got another one. He is from the same nest and is also a Whiteface Lutino, with red eyes. I hope we will be able to tell them apart once they are both fully feathered..lol He seems MUCH healthier than Jazz ever was. He is about 3 weeks old, very big, full of his pin feathers and is a sucky baby already!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
awww Congrats on your new baby, I am sure everything will run smoothly this time ;) maybe you could do what they do with twins put something on them that will tell them apart....LOL :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy asked if he wanted us to band the baby but I have read too many stories about the band bugging the bird, the bird chewing at his leg then getting infections. I'm sure they will have different personalities :confused:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Yeah I have read that to, I know I wouldn't want some band around my leg for the rest of my life so I can imagine what it would be like for them :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the new baby. Are both of them males?

4 of my tiels have leg bands and it doesn't seem to bother them so far hopefully that doesn't change.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Congrats! Any names yet? I am sure you'll be able to tell them apart- you're their mother!:)

The guy asked if he wanted us to band the baby but I have read too many stories about the band bugging the bird, the bird chewing at his leg then getting infections.
I hate leg bands too! Ziggy had one and I removed it!;) He kept picking at it...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You can always try a split ring, several of my "twin" budgies have them and they pick at them initially but now they don't bother them at all. :) If it does remain a bother they're super easy to remove again.

Anyway, congrats on your new baby! :D Would love to see some piccies.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, I don't know if they are male or female. Chiclet doesn't make too much noise and the new one is making some loud chirps already.

We have named the new one MoJoe.. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts