Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 132 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
You stated in your other thread that Rocko hisses at Rio because he's afraid of Rio getting too close to him. That makes Rocko the aggressor because now he's scared. That doesn't count as getting along with other birds. I realize he gets on fine with Wasabi but jumping right into getting a new bird just doesn't sound like a good idea.

And I'm not just saying that to be mean. I'm saying it from experience. After Cinnamon died I was super depressed, wanted nothing to do with birds. My hubby went out and picked up two birds that were being rehomed, one that looked similar to Cinnamon, thinking that was what I needed. It was not and he was very wrong. She was untame and bitey and while she did OK with my other birds, I want not a fan of her at all. There is a point where you can become overwhelmed. You already have Tiko who is bitey. Why not work with her? Yes she does things for your mom, but imagine what it would do for your training business if you trained the bitey bird in your own house! Like I said before, I feel that you should spend more time with the tiels right now. You say that they are bonded to each other, but I thought you had also said that Rocko was bonded to you more than anything else? If you are feeling left out because of their bond why not spend some one on one time with each of them every day to resurrect that bond? It takes work to keep a bond going with a tiel.

Anyways, I wish you all the best and I hope that if you do end up getting the plum you keep it for a very long time to come.
I feel like getting a plum headed parakeet is whats supposed to happen I can imagine them all living with me when im older.To be honest Tiko is very sweet and all I dont need to be able to touch her she steps up for me when she is on the floor.I thought Rocko was bonded to me most but it seems as if he got closer to Loki and I dont mind that he is still bonded to me and im not getting a new bird right away I have always liked Plum headed parakeets and then I see the Bird jungle has one just one Male and these Parrots seem to be very uncommon and I was going to get another cockatiel.

I feel like getting a plum headed parakeet is whats supposed to happen I can imagine them all living with me when im older.To be honest Tiko is very sweet and all I dont need to be able to touch her she steps up for me when she is on the floor.I thought Rocko was bonded to me most but it seems as if he got closer to Loki and I dont mind that he is still bonded to me and im not getting a new bird right away I have always liked Plum headed parakeets and then I see the Bird jungle has one just one Male and these Parrots seem to be very uncommon and I was going to get another cockatiel.
I get that but you really need to consider this first. Take a step back and think about it. What is truly best for your flock right now? You seem very indecisive on what you want because you keep saying you were going to get another cockatiel but now you want the plum head. I think you should wait a month or two and just see how the flock handles it without Rio being there.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
I get that but you really need to consider this first. Take a step back and think about it. What is truly best for your flock right now? You seem very indecisive on what you want because you keep saying you were going to get another cockatiel but now you want the plum head. I think you should wait a month or two and just see how the flock handles it without Rio being there.
Of course they will handle it well without Rio they will be happy.I cant wait a month or two there arent any plum head breeders they are uncommon here and the Bird jungle is saving him for me.And yes the plum head is for me.

Basically this along with previous threads solidify the fact that this OP is not to be taken seriously. He continues to act irresponsible with his birds and be young doesn't make it ok my niece is 7 and makes better decisions for her cockatiel than this. He always wants sympathy but never wants to take responsibility or do anything to fix the problem. Which leaves me with the only two opinions of this person possible. They are willingly negligent or they are a troll. Either way anybody who trust a "trainer" who can't train their own birds well it will be their birds that suffer and get injured. Personally I will not waste anymore time on this person and will be putting them on ignore. I would suggest everybody else does the same as in about 6 weeks there will be another post about him rehoming the parakeet

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Basically this along with previous threads solidify the fact that this OP is not to be taken seriously. He continues to act irresponsible with his birds and be young doesn't make it ok my niece is 7 and makes better decisions for her cockatiel than this. He always wants sympathy but never wants to take responsibility or do anything to fix the problem. Which leaves me with the only two opinions of this person possible. They are willingly negligent or they are a troll. Either way anybody who trust a "trainer" who can't train their own birds well it will be their birds that suffer and get injured. Personally I will not waste anymore time on this person and will be putting them on ignore. I would suggest everybody else does the same as in about 6 weeks there will be another post about him rehoming the parakeet
I have done nothing to you I have never seen you on the forum I am a great owner I am responsible you obviously have no sense of humour if you cant understand a joke and I think we will be imagining the look on your face when I have that parakeet for years now you can ignore me all you want all you are is ignorant and rude.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
You seem to be projecting a lot of human emotions and reasoning onto your birds. Which is understandable, but just isn't how this works. :(
Rio was for me too I wonder why nobody said anything like this when I was getting Rio nobody said anything about him doing anything but now your ready to jump and assume something will happen when the parakeet comes.I should really stop sharing good news on this forum because all you do is turn it into Bad news.

Looks to me like u didn't read it I said Rio would be flying over to Tiko and end up getting killed.
BUT the Plumhead won't be killed?? C'mon Brandon, you're smarter than that to think that Tiko would injure one bird and not another. You're going to put your Plumhead in a situation that you refused to try with Rio because you felt it was dangerous.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
BUT the Plumhead won't be killed?? C'mon Brandon, you're smarter than that to think that Tiko would injure one bird and not another. You're going to put your Plumhead in a situation that you refused to try with Rio because you felt it was dangerous.
No because the plum head wont be flying over to annoy her maybe on to her cage yes so what the tiels do that too but they arent a aggressive species like Rio and he goes over to Tiko directly too annoy her the tiels dont.And its not about refusing even if it did work out which it possibly couldnt because the area where he would be put the tiels would have to go there too they cant just be locked in my bedroom all the time so then Rio could still attack now you get the point.

You seem to be projecting a lot of human emotions and reasoning onto your birds. Which is understandable, but just isn't how this works.
Rio was for me too I wonder why nobody said anything like this when I was getting Rio nobody said anything about him doing anything but now your ready to jump and assume something will happen when the parakeet comes.I should really stop sharing good news on this forum because all you do is turn it into Bad news.
LOTS of people here and on other forums warned you about the difficulties of mixing species. The lack of accountability on your part is what makes all of us so concerned for your birds. It's fine to be young and inexperienced and make mistakes if you learn. But you don't seem to learn from your mistakes, instead you try to rewrite history so that you can avoid taking any responsibility whatsoever for your decisions and actions, then snap at people who point it out. THAT is why people question your ability to make good decisions as an owner.

No, I don't get the point now. Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.

I would recommend just enjoying your two cockatiels from this point on for a while.

If you can't keep Rio, you are not in a position to adopt a new bird. End of story. If you cannot find a way to keep him apart and give him extra attention and insure the grey doesn't harm him, you can't expect to do the same for another parrot.

What are you talking about? We all told you and warned you about love birds being aggressive and you ignored us... I personally warned you about love birds biting feet and toes... You are always upset that others don't read your posts, but you obviously do not read anyone else's!

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I would recommend just enjoying your two cockatiels from this point on for a while.

If you can't keep Rio, you are not in a position to adopt a new bird. End of story. If you cannot find a way to keep him apart and give him extra attention and insure the grey doesn't harm him, you can't expect to do the same for another parrot.
What you dont get is Rio is a aggressive species he goes directly to Tiko so he would be hurt the tiels fly on top of Tiko's cage but dont go and annoy her and either will the plum head.And nobody said im adopting a new bird im buying and I dont really care what you recommend and I wouldnt trust anything you recommend im giving Rio away for a good reason and yes I can give the plum head extra attention and insure he dosent get hurt theres a difference with Rio he isnt happy living with me and its cruel to make his life miserable.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
What are you talking about? We all told you and warned you about love birds being aggressive and you ignored us... I personally warned you about love birds biting feet and toes... You are always upset that others don't read your posts, but you obviously do not read anyone else's!
No I did read all that im talking about the plum head you are all ready to judge a gentle species.I adopted Rio because I felt sorry for him and wanted to give him a good life but I see he isnt happy with me which he was at first now hes aggressive and attacking not only Rocko but me too.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Im getting a Plum headed parakeet me and all the birds will he happy you will soon see and Rio will go on to live the rest of his life happy and free End of story.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
I read plum headed parakeets do better in a Aviary setting and can become apathetic in a cage so I decided to use his cage for sleeping,eating and drinking and toys and I will treat him like a baby and let him out of the cage all day my mam said she will keep him with her while am at school and he will be free to fly around the house and maybe learn how to fly up to his cage on his own like the cockatiels do.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.