Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Sorry it has been a while since I posted anything, Angel and I have been doing great, she is still very high strung and panics a lot but the vet said it is part of her personality. I got a new bird today, this one is my first hand raised baby so I am hoping less human training. Angel has been always good with me and never wanting to go back to her cage from my shoulder and hoping that the new baby is the same. I named the new one Spike, I am a fan of Buffy. He is three months old and in quarantine at the moment. I am hoping the two get along but after the 30 days or more quarantine how should they meet? I am hoping they will be friends and when I walked through the room with the new bird in the traveling carrier that will be thoroughly cleaned tomorrow, Angel acted VERY interested in the new bird. Any ideas? oh and since I have gotten the new bird I have spent a lot of time with Angel after washing up so that she hopefully understands that I am not replacing her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well since I got no help I just got them both out of their perspective cages and let them meet. They seems to not care one way or the other about each other until I tried to put them back in separate cages, the new bird flew from his cage to Angels and promptly went inside to the top perch and went to sleep. Angel just watched him and didn't care, went to her normal sleeping perch, which is on the bottom. Now they are inseparable, I have to get both of them if I want to hold one of them since they will just fly to where the other is if I just get one of them. I am glad they are getting along and that I am still allowed to hold them

·
Registered
786 Posts
That is great that they get along so well. Maybe it will help Angel calm down a little. You should post some pics of them, we always like pictures :) Do you know Spikes sex for sure? Are you planning to breed them someday? Congrats on the new bird and the success for them both...

·
Registered
414 Posts
They are lovely little birds and it's wonderful they took to each other so well. Thanks for th pics. We love pics.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
They are both very beautiful 'tiels! :love: That's awesome that they're getting along good! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts