Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a bird before and I had no idea what I was getting into when my mom bought one. She owned a budgie when she was younger so she wasn't worried at all. Meanwhile, I've gone crazy googling everything I can about cockatiels and just ended up making myself even more anxious reading about all the hazards and bad behaviors that can develop. We've had BB for about a month now, and I feel a tiny bit better about it but at the same time I'm still terrified. My mom doesn't listen to what I say (like to not be loud at night so he can sleep, to not cook while drunk so she doesn't burn anything, or to not give him attention when he screams) so I need all the help I can get. Maybe I'm freaking myself out for nothing and it'll be fine, but I have severe anxiety and I just really want to do things correctly to keep him alive and happy.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I tend to be anxious too, but my boy just turned 7 a few days ago and nothing ever happened.
There are some forbidden items like Teflon. You can find a whole list here: http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=107113
Not to increase your anxiety, but at least you know what is really dangerous and what not.
Welcome!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Belated 'hello' to you from Percy and me. :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here and also many knowledgeable members who are willing to answer any of your questions! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts