Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is sri,arnab and cutie,we have been visiting this forum from past 6 months when we got cutie from a lady.he / she is staying with us. Cutie is handtamed so he/she sat on my hand the very first day only to eat seeds and millet. But now he will eat.,play sleep on our palm.Thanks for the great forum as i have learnt a lot from the forum

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the group from Milo and I! Your flock is beautiful, they are all so pretty :)
Feel free to chat or ask questions-lots of nice people here are willing to help or chat. We all love pictures. Love the names you have chosen too :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi 3LoveSkyeTiel ,
Sure i would love to know if cutie is boy / girl. The lady from whom i got cutie told me that cutie is a boy.But there are some traits which makes me confused...
1) Cutie is very vocal.. when we are out in terrace early morning..But he never whistles..not sure if male cockatiels learn to while on their own or not..
2)At first when cutie was approximately-5-7 months old when i gave her head rub..he would raise her back bent slightly forward make a sueaking sound.. which i beleive is female trait..although i dont touch her back..as i know it stimulates breeding...but after 1 month cutie stopped doing it.

But since a week or two cutie started to do it again..and in India ,in small town like Mysore where we hardly have avian vets we dont have facility of Sex determination..
But cutie has molted 2 times.. she was light yellow color when i brought her/him..now she has almost Turned white.. whit broght cheek path and yello color head..

note:I sometimes find yellow dots in her feathers which she throws ..:(
So i am totally confused about Cutie's gender..

Note:Both of cutie's parents were LUTINO..and looked similar like him ..as you can see in my signature pic:)Cutie is approximately 1 year old as when i got him on july 2015 he was 4 months old...

SO SORRY, for the long post... as i was literaaly banging my head some months earlier to cutie's gender..but didnt get any help about it so gave you as much as details possible

Sorry for HE somewhere and SHE somewhere as its difficult to write both he and she everywhere so..:(I would really appreciate if someone helps me finding out if cutie is boy or girl

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi 3LoveSkyeTiel ,
Sure i would love to know if cutie is boy / girl. The lady from whom i got cutie told me that cutie is a boy.But there are some traits which makes me confused...
1) Cutie is very vocal.. when we are out in terrace early morning..But he never whistles..not sure if male cockatiels learn to while on their own or not..
2)At first when cutie was approximately-5-7 months old when i gave her head rub..he would raise her back bent slightly forward make a sueaking sound.. which i beleive is female trait..although i dont touch her back..as i know it stimulates breeding...but after 1 month cutie stopped doing it.

But since a week or two cutie started to do it again..and in India ,in small town like Mysore where we hardly have avian vets we dont have facility of Sex determination..
But cutie has molted 2 times.. she was light yellow color when i brought her/him..now she has almost Turned white.. whit broght cheek path and yello color head..

note:I sometimes find yellow dots in her feathers which she throws ..:(
So i am totally confused about Cutie's gender..

Note:Both of cutie's parents were LUTINO..and looked similar like him ..as you can see in my signature pic:)Cutie is approximately 1 year old as when i got him on july 2015 he was 4 months old...

SO SORRY, for the long post... as i was literaaly banging my head some months earlier to cutie's gender..but didnt get any help about it so gave you as much as details possible

Sorry for HE somewhere and SHE somewhere as its difficult to write both he and she everywhere so..:(I would really appreciate if someone helps me finding out if cutie is boy or girl

Yes it is a girl:clap:!!! When a Cockatiel raises its back and squeaks that is female exclusive being hormonal and wanting 'it':yes:. Males rather rub themselves on perches when they are hormonal, but the females raise there back. When you put them together, that is breeding.

SO you have a girl! My girl does that in the season as well. Great you don't encourage it, as it may simulate egg laying. Great job and what good news to know you guaranteed, without doubt, have a girl.:love:

Love from me and Chicken
~Skye

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Skye,
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Dats a grt news for me :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts