Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days ago I got a new hand feed baby cockatiel. It is 12 weeks old. He is eating rowdy bush pellets and zuprem . He is fine when he is in his cage. He loves to come out. When he does he just wants to run up me and sit on my shoulder and will sit there and Cry like a little baby. Or he puts his beak on my face and cries or whines whatever u may want to call it. Anyone know why he is doing this? I'm guessing maybe he thinks I'm his mom? He was hand feed since he was 10 days old. When I try to keep him on my lap and give him scratches he is fine a little bit. But sometimes he will turn and try to bite my finger because he just wants to be back up on my shoulder and touching my cheek or be on my shoulder near my face or neck and cry or whine like a baby. Just wondering what he may be doing and any suggestions? Do u think I will ever be able to just hold him and give him scratches without him running up to my shoulder. Thanks ahead of time to all who gives me advice:wf cinnamon::wf cinnamon:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Tiels like to be up high, in high places. Your shoulder is probably where he's going to want to be the most. Just be grateful it's not your head!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Yes u r right. He is doing better the last day or two. Will let me give him scratches a little more longer then he did just a couple of days ago and doesn't seem to be quit as hyper. Maybe just not as nervous. Been a week I believe he is feeling more at home. Is maneuvering around the cage better. Has learned to crawl up and down the side of cage and does better with the perches. I can tell he is going to be a sweet sweet baby.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Looks like your baby is very tame which is great! He was probably just adjusting to the new home, so its normal to want to be up high where he feels safe . If you give him lots of love and be patient , your baby will be absolutely fine . Pics please- X x Teresa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts