Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ian took a trip down to visit our breeder last night, she has some new babies :D there was a beautiful lutino thats about almost ready some whiteface and a really nice whiteface pearl that are ready, ( I saw pictures of them) she also has some more with a cinnamon that is about a month away he wanted to take them all....LOL so we are thinking of adding one more to the flock and THATS it....hehe but talk about decisions decisions they are all so beautiful how to you pick just one then I am thinking we already have one of each what do we get another male or female the lutino is thought to be male as it is the most vocal the whiteface pearl is gorgeous and it was really quiet so it could be female but of course thats not always accurate I say lets get both of them then we don't have to decide :p anyways I will let you all know if we decide to get one :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh wow! I KNEW IT! heheh :D I'm excited for you. You couldn't make up your mind whether you should call or not so you physically went down there huh? HEHE Just get them all! Make it an even four...? I've been trying to resist going down to the petshop myself and getting another baby myself. I really want to find a breeder like you, Laura. Even though I got Baby from Petsupermarket, latetly their tiels have been limited-...we'll see.
(sorry- blabbing) Neway, I say they make you happy- get more! lol

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow! I KNEW IT! heheh :D I'm excited for you. You couldn't make up your mind whether you should call or not so you physically went down there huh? HEHE Just get them all! Make it an even four...? I've been trying to resist going down to the petshop myself and getting another baby myself. I really want to find a breeder like you, Laura. Even though I got Baby from Petsupermarket, latetly their tiels have been limited-...we'll see.
(sorry- blabbing) Neway, I say they make you happy- get more! lol
I can't believe you haven't got another one yet :p you have been a good girl staying away from the petstores..hehe but for how long ;)
notice how I didn't go but Ian did...lol actually he was curious and wanted to go down and see what she had, he got to see the parents of some of them and meet all the little babies I am a little jealous I didn't go...lol I am still undecided on what to do we have to let her know today because if we want one she will hold them for us, I imagine they will go fast they are so cute. can you tell I hate making decisions neither one of us wants to pick so we are at a standstill going back and forth :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Go on, get another one!! I love the sound of that lutino tiel, beautiful!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what are you going to name THEM?
LOL....very funny :p I am only going to go with one for now I am leaning towards the lutino s/he is very pretty I don't care so much if its a girl or a boy but I was thinking can you imagine if it was another boy the noise factor :eek: two of them whistling and singing should be interesting although Ollie is fairly quiet he goes in spurts he could be quiet ALL day and then just start chattering and talking for 10 minutes and then stop again but he is still young so we will see how loud he gets but I have to say I enjoy his chattering and talking espically his monkey chatter it is to funny, Alexis always says it sounds like we have a monkey in the house :D

Oh BTW, what are you going to name yours :p Ian likes Charley he says it could be for either girl or boy do you see a pattern here Ollie, Georgie, Reggie our old dog was named Archie and now Charley?? whats with the e's :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Ian likes Charley he says it could be for either girl or boy do you see a pattern here Ollie, Georgie, Reggie our old dog was named Archie and now Charley?? whats with the e's :rolleyes: :D
LOL!! It's like my budgies, Minty, Bobby and Mickey all with the e sounds and all with y's lol!! I do hope you do get another one. :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yea, the E thing is normal. I read somewhere that it's good to name parrots names that end in a vowel as it is easier for them to recognize or learn..I don't know but I pretty much did the Vowel thing too...
Baby, Jazzy, Maui, Stormy, Sky, Jamy, Kiwi....Sugar and Limu were the only "different" ones...

As far as what I'm planning to name mine...well...I am not sure yet. I have to see if it's a girl or a boy. I kind of want a boy to be honest...Baby would be glad I'm sure..lol... Either way, I'm sure it'll be something tropical sounding too...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do the E thing too. Blinkie, Ozzie, Fizzy, Cookie, Bailee, Mickey..... :p
I didn't even notice that...lol I am a little slow :p

Yea, the E thing is normal. I read somewhere that it's good to name parrots names that end in a vowel as it is easier for them to recognize or learn..I don't know but I pretty much did the Vowel thing too...
Baby, Jazzy, Maui, Stormy, Sky, Jamy, Kiwi....Sugar and Limu were the only "different" ones...

As far as what I'm planning to name mine...well...I am not sure yet. I have to see if it's a girl or a boy. I kind of want a boy to be honest...Baby would be glad I'm sure..lol... Either way, I'm sure it'll be something tropical sounding too...
we didn't intentionally do the e thing, Ian just seems to like these names...lol I am sure baby would be very happy with a little boyfriend...lol you do love those tropical names don't you ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts