Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the big day. And I took others advice and feel like he "we think" picked me. He is so outgoing and such an attention hound. Absolutely love his personality! So I figured I'd post some pics while hes napping. Now to give our new fid a proper name!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Love his crest and your Angel fish lol.Are you gonna let his wings grow back? Your gonna have a great time with him around.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
So exciting!!! There's nothing like the feeling of bringing home a new bird :lol:

No name suggestions yet, but to make it easier in the long run, is he a confirmed cock? That would narrow down your choices

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha...that's my sons new fish Optimus Prime, he just bought it with his allowance money. I'm not sure abut his wings, my son and husband are always in and out. Kind of makes me nevous. What do you do? Nope its no confirmed, just her best guess. I'm making a list of names, probably give it a few day so I can find one that fits. :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
AWWW Lovely! I wish you many years of love and cuddles together! :love:
The third photo reminds me so much of the first photo with my boy (although I thought he was a girl back then, hence the name "Emily").

Attachments

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Haha...that's my sons new fish Optimus Prime, he just bought it with his allowance money. I'm not sure abut his wings, my son and husband are always in and out. Kind of makes me nevous. What do you do? Nope its no confirmed, just her best guess. I'm making a list of names, probably give it a few day so I can find one that fits. :)
Well if he loves u he wont want to fly away lol I have double doors at the front door but not at the back door all my birds are fully flighted but they wouldnt even think of flying out they already get outdoor time anyway wearing their harnesses and flightsuit.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Such a cutie! I love that crest!

Well if he loves u he wont want to fly away lol I have double doors at the front door but not at the back door all my birds are fully flighted but they wouldnt even think of flying out they already get outdoor time anyway wearing their harnesses and flightsuit.
Even if they don't want to fly away, there is a possibility of being startled and taking off, or any number of accidental ways they can get out. Always best to be overly cautious to be on the safe side, especially with a new fid, when you don't know how they react to things.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Even if they don't want to fly away, there is a possibility of being startled and taking off, or any number of accidental ways they can get out. Always best to be overly cautious to be on the safe side, especially with a new fid, when you don't know how they react to things.
I agree. Actually, Brandon, didn't you say that exactly this happened to Loki? (She was startled by noise and escaped for a night?)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Brandon that is a ridiculous thing to say.

Congrats on your new baby, yella! DAT CREST!! What a little stunner <3

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Awww! Cute baby! Congrats :clap:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Such a cutie! I love that crest!

Em I know that it did happen to me just a few weeks ago.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Em I know that it did happen to me just a few weeks ago.
I agree. Actually, Brandon, didn't you say that exactly this happened to Loki? (She was startled by noise and escaped for a night?)
Yes she did.I know they can get startled I said if they wanna live with you they wouldnt wanna fly away but of course if they get startled they will its.I use the word almost everyday so I know when people ask me is that leash incase they fly away and I say no its for if they get scared and fly off because I know they wouldnt actually wanna fly.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Everybody always has something to say about my posts dont you mind your own business like always starting trouble.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's not exactly the best advise, caution should ALWAYS be taken!! Didn't you just lose one of your a few weeks ago?? A bird can easily be spooked and fly out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aww, thanks guys. I think he's pretty cute myself. Hahaha....you're right Crow, he does look like an evil villain. Lol, makes me love him even more! Right now the only place he wants to be is on my shoulder, and thats just fine with me. As far as his wings go, we will cross that bridge when we get there. Most likely I'll stand on the side of caution and have them done. But for now im just enjoying getting to know him. Thank everyone for you imput. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts