Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a week ago I went to the pet shop, wanting to buy Meta a little bro. Then, I saw this lutino lady (?) and all plans went out the door :D Long story short, Meta has a little gal-pal now. Seeing as I couldn't quarantine her for more than a week, I asked the guy about the time she has spent in the shop. He said couple of weeks - so I'm assuming that she doesn't have anything that can manifest itself in a couple of weeks at the shop + a week at one of my friend's place (she was also checked by a vet).
Anyway, yesterday was the day to get the two birds together. I got the lady over in the evening, so that I can turn off the lights if things turn too hot. Boy, was I wrong!
I don't know if there is such a thing as bonding at first sight, but these two lovebirds (pun intended) liked each other almost immediately. Meta started singing, dancing, banging everything he could reach, and the new bird just went crazy to get out of her cage. They were very excited and visibly wanted to get closer to each other, so I arranged the two cages in such a way that the upper perch from the small one lines up with Meta's food bowl (where he spends most of his time). They've been sitting next to each other every waking minute.

Anyway, allow me to present you: Lemon

Yesterday evening, minutes after arrival:

This morning, in daylight:

And here's a couple of pictures of the two of them together.

Meta being *heart wing* impressive, Lemon not really paying attention:

He did get her attention in the end:

The two of them in daylight (don't mind the laundry visible in the background, it's raining outside :D ). Meta is being *heart wing* yet again:

And performing what I can only assume to be an awesome drum solo:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Lemon is a beautiful bird, as well as your Meta too! Sounds like they were made for each other!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
She is beautiful! :love:

Sounds just like when Honey and Henry first met... Now they are extremely bonded and would never leave each other's side :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts