Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here. I got a new 5 week old baby tiel today. The lady didnt tell me exactly what to do, in terms of feeding and water.
I am feeding him Avi Plus Handrearing Finisher food/porride.. I just fed him for the first time - dinner - and he ate about 8ml. On another post I read that it is enough.. Just want to make sure.. O, do i need to feed him water or just put water and tiny seeds in his cage for himself to help? Yes - I am clueless.

He is a bit dirty - old porridge that is stuck to his tail and under his beak. How do I clean that? I would assume he is way to young for a bath...
Thanx in advance..

·
Registered
276 Posts
The best choice is to sent the baby back and exchange for a weaned baby (preferable 10+ weeks old) instead. You can kill a baby easily at this stage.

If above is not an option. You need get accurate gram scale first, then do a lot of reading online such as here read the hand feeding section

and you should know normal weight at each stage:

Dried formula or porridge on feather or beak can be removed by soften by warm wet towel. I don't recommend bath baby this age unless you have good brooder can keep the baby warm after bath. Anyhow, baby need keep warm enough. Low ambient temperature will lead to lots of issue.

I real sad to come across similar posts so often here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts