Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a male under a year old cockatiel who somehow fell at the end of his cage and got his leg stuck in between my stand rack. I was able to free him but noticed he's starting to limp on his right leg, nor putting too much pressure on it. His number bracelet got loose on his right leg, his right leg was bleeding so i was able to apply pressure on it so the bleeding did stop and hasn't continued since. His right leg looks to be dark pink/red color, though after a while of calming down he is able to walk around on it and perch on it. He next morning he did eat a little bit but he still has his leg somewhat levitated off his perch, though he does have it against his perch every once in a while but he can move his claws or clench it against his perch so its not broken if he's able to move it?? I looked up online and saw many posts of birds with bruised legs and they heal up within a few days if left alone. If you guys have any tips on anything please let me know! I'm contemplating about taking him to the vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, i have a male under a year old cockatiel who somehow fell at the end of his cage and got his leg stuck in between my stand rack. I was able to free him but noticed he's starting to limp on his right leg, nor putting too much pressure on it. His number bracelet got loose on his right leg, his right leg was bleeding so i was able to apply pressure on it so the bleeding did stop and hasn't continued since. His right leg looks to be dark pink/red color, though after a while of calming down he is able to walk around on it and perch on it. He next morning he did eat a little bit but he still has his leg somewhat levitated off his perch, though he does have it against his perch every once in a while but he can move his claws or clench it against his perch so its not broken if he's able to move it?? I looked up online and saw many posts of birds with bruised legs and they heal up within a few days if left alone. If you guys have any tips on anything please let me know! I'm contemplating about taking him to the vet.
Update: my cockatiel has been doing fine! He's been eating, drinking and running around the cage even putting pressure on his foot the next day! Seems he only bruised it! Gonna have him heal it up for the next few days!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts