Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so it's not cockatiel related bit idk where else to post and I'm kind of panicking. We have fruits outside in our backyard and a little bird was handing on one food stuck on the tree bc O guess he wanted to get to the fruit. I took him in a carrier cage his food is badly swallen. He can fly really well in fact he escaped and is on a window now . Ah . What do I do. I don't want him to hare or get my little babies sick. I wanted to give him food and water and take him to a vet tmrw but now he's escaped in the house. Help.

RESOLVED!!!
------------------------------
Here's a picture of little BirdBird (thats what we called him) just seconds before we released him! :) Isn't he adorable? I secretly wanted to keep him. :oops:

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
You should get him contained (you might try throwing a light towel over him) and then give him to a wild animal rescue tomorrow. Most animals found outside are illegal for the general public to have possession of.

A quick search for your area shows this woman is available. https://m.facebook.com/pages/Marys-Wild-Bird-Rescue-of-Las-Vegas/333586370050943

Her name is Mary and she asks you to call (702) 870-5207 and leave a message with your name, telephone number, and a description of the bird needing help.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Is it possible to dim the room a bit to make him easier to catch? Do you have a small spare cage to put him in for the night, or even a well ventilated box (with breathing holes)?

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
The bird could possibly have mites or lice that can get onto your birds or he could have a transmitable disease. I would just try to keep him as separate as possible and disinfect the areas he is in before your birds have access to them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We caught the little rascal! It got dark enough and he would just sit there on the darkened window so we turned all lights out except 1 room and tied a couple brooms together, got on two tables, and scared him off. He flew directly to that lit room. Man he could fly better then our birds. But we managed to catch him w a towel. In the end we decided to let him fly back out because what he had in his foot didnt look like an injury but a tumor or something tht had been there awhile. He was jumping and flying all over the house and his foot wasn't bothering him at all. My family thought it was better to release him to his birdy family since he wasn't eating the millet we gave him or drinking the water. We thought letting him return to his natural environment would be best for the bird. I miss him already. :,)

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you can see in the picture we sprayed him with our birdy spray to hydrate him a bit. <3 I hope he lives a happy life.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Saying a prayer that you can contain him and he will be safe for the night. Before you contain him it won't hurt to put a little seed and a shallow dish of water in for him. Good luck and stay calm ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Saying a prayer that you can contain him and he will be safe for the night. Before you contain him it won't hurt to put a little seed and a shallow dish of water in for him. Good luck and stay calm ;)
We managed to catch the little rascal and let him go back to his home since he seemed healthy and strong. :) I will pray for him too so that he recovers from this hard day. Who knows how long the poor thing was hanging by his foot in there for.

·
Registered
786 Posts
So glad it all turned out OK...you are a special person to want to help him and do the right think by him...:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts