Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have been watching bobby-boy for 2 days now, and he looks so lonely and sad. he is not a active bird. he eats sleeps, tweets now and again at the wild birds. when i got him he was with 4 other tiels in a cage. do you think he misses hes buddies. he has a african grey on one side and 2 budgies on the other. he has a parrot cage, but almost never goes down. what do you guys think.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I agree with Jaime that he's probably just getting used to your home. Maybe at some point down the track he would benefit from a buddy, but it's nicer for you to bond with him first and get him comfortable with you and his surroundings before adding a second tiel. That way he won't just cling to a tiel friend for comfort and not want anything to do with you. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi hie is still to scared to come to me. at least i can now stand and talk to him and he does not go mad. i have been thinking of having his wings clipped, then try and let him explore. i cant remember bobby the 1st being like that.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I'd do what Laura said. Perhaps leave the cage door open and he will come out when he's ready, that way he won't be scared if there's someone trying to get him out..

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
when i rescued the 3 tiels after quarantine i let the door open and the cinnamon pearl was first to venture then the pied mind you the wf has not ventured out at all i would let the door open all mine did at first was sit ontop of the cage and still does but they are now just talking espially the wf yours may need more time but leaving the door open would be a good idea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.