Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my cockatiel 13 years ago I bought this clear plastic tray for his cage to sit in, to collect the seed when his cage was on one of my tables, dressers, or the various places he would stay whenever I was working, not home etc. It was really a handy item, saved a lot of messes.

But after all these years, the plastic has broken. I've taped it up numerous times and tried all sorts of ways to make it last as long as I can, because the lady at the bird pet store told me that no one makes them anymore. It's broken beyond repair at this point, so I need to get something new.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations, ideas, opinions, on what I can get to replace the clear plastic tray? It has to be something that can go on top of a table or a dresser that would be wide enough for his cage to fit inside, but not too deep that I wouldn't be able to open his cage door and so forth.

I've thought maybe getting a plastic storage bin like they sell at Walmart might be an idea, but I'm not sure if they make one that would be wide enough, but not too deep, as I mentioned above. I plan on going there and looking tomorrow.

But any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I figured if anyone would know, it would be my fellow members of the cockatiel community. :grey tiel:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
What about those things you put around the end of the cage I cant remember what they are called u get them in the pet store.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, a seed guard isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I tried one a few years ago, and my guy got very freaked out over the idea of something wrapped around his cage. He's very territorial and gets upset anytime something new "invades" his space.

I'm looking for more of a plastic tray/bin type of thing, similar to what I have now. Wish they still made them, cause the one I have now is perfect. But I've searched everywhere. The storage bins they have at Walmart are too deep. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yeah, a seed guard isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I tried one a few years ago, and my guy got very freaked out over the idea of something wrapped around his cage. He's very territorial and gets upset anytime something new "invades" his space.

I'm looking for more of a plastic tray/bin type of thing, similar to what I have now. Wish they still made them, cause the one I have now is perfect. But I've searched everywhere. The storage bins they have at Walmart are too deep. Very frustrating.
Can you post a pic of what you have so we know what you mean? That way we can do a little searching also.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Make one with plexiglass and adhesive? :) Could even make the bottom out of plywood or something to save $.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts