Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rat in the attic and called my pest control to bring a non-lethal method and he brought a nice, natural repellent. It has several herbs, including garlic, pepper, rosemary, peppermint, and peppermint oil (see pic). He put it in the attic. I don't think it will be an issue (the peppermint oil was the only thing that sent up a red flag) because it's in the attic and separate from the house (obviously) but I wanted to know whether anyone had any experience with this?

Can they still smell it and will it hurt them? Has anyone used this before? I know peppermint oil can be dangerous, and although these packets are dry (in a satchel), I worry About the Florida summers heating it up and making it smell up the house. Pest control guy says he's never had anyone say they can smell it but that doesn't mean birdies can't.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
peppermint oil. waste of money

I would say don't waste your money. I had mice this year and they basically were coming to my bird cage. I tried everything and nothing worked. My birds had to be moved because they were getting vicious. I had to put them up in my bedroom. Nothing worked until i got an exterminator. I am talking about 20+ baby mice caught before the exterminator. Protect your babies at all cost!:pied::pied:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts