Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a look at a african grey today I dont normally go to peoples houses but he lived down the road from me so I had a visit the male african grey ate from my hand hes 8 years old the man only got him on Monday so he needs a bit of training and he talks and all.Im going back on Monday to train him.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Sounds like fun, what are you going to be doing with him?

Sorry but I had to move your thread. The training and bonding subforum is only for cockatiel related training questions.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun, what are you going to be doing with him?

Sorry but I had to move your thread. The training and bonding subforum is only for cockatiel related training questions.
Well first ill be just earning his trust and ill be teaching him to step up.How long do you think it will take? The owner asked me and I just said some birds learn quicker than others so I wouldn't know.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Every bird is different. Some birds are super skittish and may never fully trust humans and are better off being hands off pets. There's nothing wrong with a hands off pet if the owner is OK with that. But lots of food bribery and patience will go a long way to earn the bird's trust.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every bird is different. Some birds are super skittish and may never fully trust humans and are better off being hands off pets. There's nothing wrong with a hands off pet if the owner is OK with that. But lots of food bribery and patience will go a long way to earn the bird's trust.
He done great today I went down and he came out of the cage he let me and his owner rub his head and we tried getting him to step up and he flew on the floor.His owner is happy with the progress.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Casper and Casha are staying in my house tonight they made great progress and stopped their biting completely.Im happy with that and so is their owners so its just cracker going home tonight lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts