Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It with a sad note that my wife Betty Church passed away two weeks ago on March17,2016 at our Oskaloosa Hospice Serenity House at Oskaloosa,Iowa.We have three cockatiels,our two males Snowflake and Oreo are going to re homed today April 1st due to the fact I have no long income coming in and I don't know how long it will take to find out if I qualify for SSI I have a friend at our pet store who will take care of my female Fifi until i can qualify for SSI.I may have to go to near the Quad Cities in Eldridge,Iowa which is 9 miles from Davenport,Iowa until I get back on my feet.I miss my wife a lot but I am getting use to her not being around.Hopefully I can get a place that I can have a bird.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss :( rest in peace, Betty.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
My heart is with you. I can't imagine what you are going through, but feel the hugs we are all sending and know we are here for you. I will keep my fingers crossed, and prayers sent, that you can find a place soon where you can have a bird.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hello Steve I am sincerely sorry for your loss Since my husband showed me this website I follow your threads and its always been delightful to read about all of you in Iowa I remember when one of your birds was on the local newspaper ( I think it was Cinnamon ) so to me it is very sad to read about these changes in your life If you would like to talk you can PM me. I am going to PM you with a contact email adress Although I am far away feel free to email me anytime we are all friends here no matter where in the globe Big hug and lots of love RIP Mrs Church ( Betty )

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss Steve. Betty looks like a very sweet person. May she rest in Peace...I pray that you will find a home soon and get your SSI, so that you can have your bird. Take care.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in the process of moving to Eldridge,Iowa in about a month and a half and have to re home my female Fifi because my step dad has too many health issues to have a bird at this time maybe in a couple years i will be able to get another bird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts