Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone I Finished My New Website Could Everybody Please Share The Link To As Many People As You Can Im Guessing It Will Be Hard To Find My Website If Nobody Knows About It.If You Could Maybe Share It On Facebook Or Something That Would Be Great Thanks.http://brandon-faustino.wix.com/parrot-trainer

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
It took me a while to research and decide which insurance company I was going to use when I first started my pet sitting business back in December. How did you decide who would insure you for your bird grooming and pet sitting endeavors? And are you the one who is insured or your parents? I'm just curious because I know there is minimum age for most companies to insure.

Also, here's my website for you to compare what a professional small business page may look like: www.baileyspetsitting.com

Also, I'm not sure of all the procedures where you're located, but make sure you keep track of your business expenses and income for tax season next year.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
There are a few things I'd want to know before referring other people to a business like this:

1. Since you also own birds, what kind of steps will you take to make sure there is no transmission of disease between them and your clients' birds? How will you make sure everything is disinfected after you work with a client's bird?

2. How did you learn to trim wings/beaks/nails? Were you trained by a vet? Beaks especially are difficult to trim and can cause serious permanent health problems if done wrong.

3. What kind of equipment will you be using for grooming, and how will it be cleaned?

4. What are your liability plans? What happens if a bird gets hurt in your care or by your grooming procedures? Who will pay for the vet care? What happens if a bird dies in your care?

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few things I'd want to know before referring other people to a business like this:

1. Since you also own birds, what kind of steps will you take to make sure there is no transmission of disease between them and your clients' birds? How will you make sure everything is disinfected after you work with a client's bird?

2. How did you learn to trim wings/beaks/nails? Were you trained by a vet? Beaks especially are difficult to trim and can cause serious permanent health problems if done wrong.

3. What kind of equipment will you be using for grooming, and how will it be cleaned?

4. What are your liability plans? What happens if a bird gets hurt in your care or by your grooming procedures? Who will pay for the vet care? What happens if a bird dies in your care?
I wont be doing any of this stuff in the birds room.The groomers in my mams friends pet store showed me how to do the wings and nails I file the nails and my mam knows how to file the beak she was learned when Tiko had to get hers done.If a bird gets hurt in my care im responsible for that bird and I dont think a bird would die in my care.Also I will be doing the taming wherever the owner is comfortable for me to do it and of course the bird would be most comfortable in their house.Also im not doing all this alone.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
So you don't have insurance???

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a little help from a friend on little feathered buddies to make my website better have a look at it now some of it is reworded.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Impressive website but are your clientele limited to your local area or are you going to travel to US and AU? Or can you train remotely?

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How will I answer this anybody?
You have a new message:
Via: http://brandon-faustino.wix.com/parrot-trainer
Message Details:
Name : Fergus Magnuson Evan
Email : [email protected]
Subject : training
Message : I have an illegal american bald eagle. Obviously I can't take him to just any trainer so I would appreciate your discretion. I am in DESPERATE need of grooming services, like getting his wings clipped. I also need obedience help. He is 5 yrs old & has eaten one of my dogs, two of my neighbors dogs, SEVERAL area cats & has on occasion attacked people. I keep him on a leash but it's very very long & he still manages to attack & kill. I feed him rabbits & fish & such I think he just plain likes to kill. Can u help me please kind sir? I LOVE my bald eagle......DESPERATE&DISTRESSED
Sent on: 8 August, 2015
Thank you for using Wix.com!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mams boyfriend from America told me it was him messing.And he said I should raise the prices because they are too low so I did.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I don't think there's much you can do about the bald eagle situation. This sounds very serious and would require an expert trainer. The owner needs to get into contact with someone who is highly experienced with training birds of prey. It sounds like they shouldn't even have an eagle in the first place, they require a very large living space that is highly secure and are not even really supposed to be kept as pets, and if the bird is going around eating neighbours' dogs, being kept on a leash(!), he's probably going to get the eagle taken off him very soon.

Good luck with your other customer. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think there's much you can do about the bald eagle situation. This sounds very serious and would require an expert trainer. The owner needs to get into contact with someone who is highly experienced with training birds of prey. It sounds like they shouldn't even have an eagle in the first place, they require a very large living space that is highly secure and are not even really supposed to be kept as pets, and if the bird is going around eating neighbours' dogs, being kept on a leash(!), he's probably going to get the eagle taken off him very soon.

Good luck with your other customer. :)
The bald eagle thing wasnt real and Thanks I hope it goes well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Enjoyed having a look at your website, you're making a great start and it's so good that you know what direction you want to take (such as working with parrots/birds!). Keep up the good work Brandon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts