Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey came home yesterday. As some of you know she is 4birdsNC's baby originally known as Leftovers. She is gorgeous and very sweet. I let her get used to her surroundings yesterday but she was more than ready to come out today and cuddle! She is a very sweet bird! She has already accepted head scritches from me :love: Thanks, John!

And here is the baby that I fell in love with and had to have when I went to get Sabian. She is still getting used to things but she just came home last night. She was ready to play and is eating and drinking well. I am still trying to decide on a name for this little one. She is a girl. I am thinking something sweet and feminine, open to suggestions :)

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does Bailey need her beak trimmed? John mentioned that she may and it looks long to me too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oh my goodness they are both so beautiful!! What is the mutation on the second bird? Its unusual to me, is it a yellow cheeked cinnamon?

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
awwww so cute:love: I love them both!!! I love whiteface cinnamons:D ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wow, they are gorgeous!
I love the second mutation - such soft shade of yellow. Daisy is a nice name?

·
Registered
395 Posts
They are so beautiful!!! Bailey reminds me of a cockatiel I saw in a petstore 3 years ago, the clerk took him out and put him on my shoulder...that is when I fell in love with cockatiels :D

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I was thinking Maple for the 2nd baby, like Maple syrup (its sweet that's for sure) because of her warm cinnamon color. Both are lovely!:love:

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I love my new babies! Thanks for the name suggestions, I don't normally have a hard time but I will decide soon :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds like you're going to have your hands full! What are the names or types of names you're thinking of? I love the "name game" :)

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
Does Bailey need her beak trimmed? John mentioned that she may and it looks long to me too.
----------------------------

Congratulations on your new babies :)

I can't see the beak to be able to tell.

I quick put together a collage you can use for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! Elinore, I am thinking feminine names. Some I like are Indira, Dawn, Aubrey, Lilly... But none seem just right. I was also thinking Noelle again but there is someone else who joined that named their bird Noel :)

Susanne, Bailey is the first bird. The last pic shows a side view. It doesn't seem as bad when looking at your collage though! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Tasha, Ellie, Bells, Ella, Esme, Essie, Marie, Skye, Tilly, Flo, Francie, Addy, Adria, Kay, Kira, .... I can't think of anymore. Lol.

They are both adorable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations on the new editions, they are gorgeous :) as for a name..

EMI (恵美): Japanese name meaning 1) "beautiful blessing"

I think Emi is a cute name :) Good luck!

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Meaggiedear and Luna. I really like some of the name suggestions everyone has given :)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I like the name Lucille for the second one, but are you sure it's a girl?

Bailey's beak should wear down on its own..any bird that needs its beak trimmed could have a health issue.

·
Registered
309 Posts
How bout Juliette, Amelia, Mandy, Maya or Clara? Those are some that I loved when I was naming Emma. Or, just a random thought, Olivia? That would give you lots of possible nicknames :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts