Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this talk of Aly and Bea and the night frights its finally my turn :rolleyes: woke up at 2:30 am to all the birds freaking out on both floors of the house :eek: of course it just couldn't be one of them had to be all going I think Ian scared them he woke up and went upstairs which is unusal so I think it threw them off nothing like being woke up in the middle of the night with all the birds thrashing around my poor heart was pounding Minnie was the worst I had a hard time getting her settled down maybe there is some truth in lutinos being more prone to night frights

I finally got her settled down and went back to bed only to be woken up two hours later with Minnie going again and no one was up this time thankfully there was no broken feathers or blood, I am really suprised as she was going at it good poor thing I left more light on for her and then she was fine the rest of the night or should I say morning I am going to go out today and try and find some sort of light to put on behind her cage I don't have an outlet near her so I need to find something that I can maybe stick on behind the wall I have an idea of what I want I just hope I can find it or I will have to move her cage to somewhere else that has one

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Awww- it' scary isn't it. Any little unusual noise wakes them-I guess they're really light sleepers...maybe it can be a nightmare since the last time there was no noise in my house at all..I'm not sure. You can get these round lights they have at walmart for $5-$10-it's battery operated and you can put it anywhere-just push the light to turn it on. Good thing everyone is ok.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aly :) I went out today and got a couple of those exact lights your describing its what I had in mind but wasn't sure if I could find them and I bought extra batteries so I will use them tonight for all of them and hopefully things will go better.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I hope the lights work. Spike has his night lite too. And we turn it on if we are going out too. It is pretty dark in our house.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update.... I put the night lights up last night and not a peep out of them so I think that did the trick :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
So is it my turn now then? We leave the landing light on for Dooby, that shines in to the room where he lives, I don't cover the front of his cage completely, so he can see the light.

Glad to hear all is well and no damage done to any little wings or limbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts