Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a year old male cockatiel, and he became very anxious and aggressive after I moved my house (7days ago).
I spend all day with him since I work at home, and he was a definitely happy and healthy bird.
he spent day singing and walking around me, playing with his parrot toys, ate well, and sometimes he napped on my shoulder.
but now he looks very nervous if he doesn’t see any reflective surface like a mirror. He just stare the mirror and does nothing, he doesn’t walks around anymore, he doesn’t even eat very much like before(still eats his favourite treats like millets very well) He also bites me very hard when I try to remove the mirror :(
so now I covered all the mirrors I have, but he seeks any other reflective surface like black cell phone screen and then does not want to move again.
he liked mirror before the move, but not this much. I’m so worried about his condition, I already visited a vet a few days ago but they said that my tiel doesn’t have any physical illness. Is there any way to make him feel better with his new home?
it would be very great to hear opinions from other cockatiel owners. Sorry for my crappy English grammar, its not my first language. Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m new here and see your post is about 1 month old. How is he now? I’m wondering if you have any anxiety because they definitely pick up on that. Moving is one of the most stressful times of our lives. I’ve been through it recently. My son had a tough day yesterday and our teil didn’t want any part of him. Zeek was fine with me so I know it was my sons stress.
im glad you got a clean bill of health from the vet!
And your English is perfect. 👍🏻

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there!! I moved with Queen Beez a few months ago, and she took it extraordinarily well. She saw me packing up, and knew something was amiss. I moved her very last, but she didn't seem to care about the bustling about. She got in the car in her travel cage with a cover, but she kept trying to peer out under the cover, so I opened it to the front so she could look out. She looked intrigued, not alarmed. When she got into her new place, she was cautious at first, but slowly got more comfortable.

I think it will be stressful no matter what, but just don't move them about more than is necessary, and spend lots of time with them when they get there, so they don't think you abandoned them. I left her door open, and she crept out slowly, hopefully Augustus will do the same!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts