Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to tell you all my cute little story about Minnie and Ollie I wouldn't say there really "friends" yet but there both trying in there little ways but there sneaky about it...hehe Minnie will sit on the food bowl and Ollie sits on the rope perch in front of it, its just a little bit below the food bowl there both facing the same way so they can't see each other and Minnie will scoot herself over him and start preening his crest it is the funniest thing to watch and he just sits there for about a minute till he realizes what she is doing then he turns around to look and she takes off :D I have caught her a few times doing this and then yesterday they were both out sitting on the top of the cage wanting head scritches from me Minnie had her head down on the cage and I gave her some when I stopped she kept her head down facing me and Ollie came over and took over the preening I think she thought it was still me doing it as she was looking up at me...lol and he was behind her doing it when I stepped back and she realized it wasn't me she turned her head around and saw him and moved away quickly...hehe as if to say why the heck are you touching me, its funny because they won't just come out and be nice to each other it has to be done in a sneaky way where the other doesn't know what each is doing, silly tiels :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hehe that is funny...lol..it seems like they will be friendly one day...if they are doing that already...thanks for sharing that is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
That's what I think- keeping their love affair secret...lol...Trying to stay on Georgie's good side.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I gave her some when I stopped she kept her head down facing me and Ollie came over and took over the preening I think she thought it was still me doing it as she was looking up at me...lol and he was behind her doing it when I stepped back and she realized it wasn't me she turned her head around and saw him and moved away quickly...hehe as if to say why the heck are you touching me
Hey, that's how Bailee scored his first Cookie scritch too. ;) Don't knock the method. Sometimes us birdy mums have to give our boys a helping hand in these situations. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts