Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here and I thought Id share some photos of my kid. Avocado is my first cockatiel, I has budgies as a kid, but they were never exactly tame. My partner and her father used to breed tiels, so she's got a better idea of what is going on haha.

Avo is about 2 months old and we really don't have an idea about the sex. The breeder reckons she's a girl, but Avo is really talkative. Still hasn't really mastered a whistle, but we've moved on from the baby screaming, so I'm pretty happy.

She helps us with our uni work, by throwing our pens away

She showers with me and looks adorably ridiculous

And thanks to help from this forum, she's started to help me hide my veggies

When I find the baby photo we got with her for sale ad, I'll chuck it up too. Its so surprising the difference a few weeks makes!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Wow, she is too cute! :D

You could get a DNA test if you really want to know her real gender, otherwise you can generally sex them by their behaviour, and their colouring once they go through their first molt :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, she is too cute! :D

You could get a DNA test if you really want to know her real gender, otherwise you can generally sex them by their behaviour, and their colouring once they go through their first molt :)
I'm pretty happy to wait and see. I only have the one bird so the gender really isn't a huge issue. Im looking forward to see how her colourings turn out after her moult though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts