Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a loving home for my male cockatiel Dottie. His name is Dottie because when I first got him I thought he was a female when he was actually a male (this has been confirmed by a vet). He used to have a partner female cockatiel that passed away about a year ago. Since then he has been very lonely while I am at work all day.

I am hoping to find a great lifetime owner and fellow male or female cockatiel playmate (or at least an attentive owner) who have the time to bond with him, teach him and play with him, let him have time outside of his cage once a day and feed him well.

He is super intelligent, curious, loving and eager to learn new tricks. He likes TV and music and to walk up my arm to stand on my shoulder when I tell him to step up. He is on a scientifically formulated pellet diet interspersed with fresh food. His favorite foods are hard-boiled egg, steamed peas and lima beans.

He has a large parrot-size cage that he sleeps and eats in that can go with him. He has recently had a checkup at the vet and is in good health. Looking for someone in the greater Los Angeles area and prefer single adult or couple without children, cats or dogs. Please email me at [email protected] if interested. Adoption fee $50

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pet/3278734285.html

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
All the best finding him a new home.
I hope you don't mind, but I re-posted your ad on another forum as there are a lot of owners on there too who cherish and adore Cockatiels and may be able to give your little guy a wonderful home, however it would be great to see him go to a home with someone on this forum.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
He looks like a she to me...I may not know much about sexing tiels but I think an adult male would have much more yellow on his face. Regardless, (s)he sounds like a lovely bird and I hope you find a good home for him/her.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I asked my aunt, she lives in LA.
She is a stay at home mom. She has a daughter who is 12.
And is a BIG animal lover. She has a dog though and 2 younger kids. Nice big house i can only imagine the life it would have. Lol. But worst scenario im sure she can help you find a home. Good Luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts