Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
no, she doesnt know her name, so we didn't include it :(
I hope u find her my uncles bird jewel flew outside yesterday but she flew where I could easily grab her.You should add her name because if someone calls her name she might hear.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
lost cockatiel

So sorry to hear you lost your cockatiel! That is so hard. Is there any sound (whistle or call) your bird responds to? Or maybe a special treat, like millet or peanuts or something else she might come to? Is she finger tame? Somebody told me once about a cockatiel in their yard. They knew I had one and thought it might be mine. I went over to try to catch it. The bird was perched in a tree just above my head, but he wouldn't step down to my hand, so I reached up and grabbed him. I don't know where you put your posters, but I would suggest any local vet clinics, post office, grocery store, pet stores or any other location in your area people frequent. Best wishes...I surely hope you and your little feathered friend can be re-united. Thankfully, in the warm weather, a bird can survive for quite a while.
One more idea: did your bird escape from your home or yard? If she is in the area, she just might come down to her cage if you set it outside and kept an eye on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So sorry to hear you lost your cockatiel! That is so hard. Is there any sound (whistle or call) your bird responds to? Or maybe a special treat, like millet or peanuts or something else she might come to? Is she finger tame? Somebody told me once about a cockatiel in their yard. They knew I had one and thought it might be mine. I went over to try to catch it. The bird was perched in a tree just above my head, but he wouldn't step down to my hand, so I reached up and grabbed him. I don't know where you put your posters, but I would suggest any local vet clinics, post office, grocery store, pet stores or any other location in your area people frequent. Best wishes...I surely hope you and your little feathered friend can be re-united. Thankfully, in the warm weather, a bird can survive for quite a while.

One more idea: did your bird escape from your home or yard? If she is in the area, she just might come down to her cage if you set it outside and kept an eye on it.

She escaped from our house outside and we did set the cage outside. I hope we find her :(

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I am so sorry this happened to you - I know the heartache, believe me. My Tony has done that twice in the past four years, but both times we were lucky to get him back. So, don't give up. The flyer looks really good. I hope you find your bird.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's a good flyer. I have both my toes and fingers crossed that you get your sweetie back.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The flyer looks great. I am praying that you get her back :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh. God I'm sorry to read this. I lost my cockatiel last year and never got her back :( I'm praying you have better luck then me, it's a horrid feeling knowing your fluffy baby is out there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh. God I'm sorry to read this. I lost my cockatiel last year and never got her back :( I'm praying you have better luck then me, it's a horrid feeling knowing your fluffy baby is out there.

I'm so sorry for you :(

She still hasn't came back so we don't think she's coming back...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Still hoping you get her back - sometimes it takes awhile. So sorry for the heartache you're going through :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our Louie got out a few years ago, circled the house and was gone. Our neighborhood has many houses that are similar so we thought that was it and she was gone. An hour later she came back and was sitting on the steps to the side door. Our two small dogs were out and barking so we think that she recognized their barks and found her way home. Making some kind of noise she is used to might help. I hope all turns out well and she comes home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts