Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my latest "modification" I had to make for Rascal because he was having great difficulty jumping from rope perch up to a higher perch... so I installed a custom made step he could leap to before making it up to the higher perch. I miss seeing him looking up frantically pacing back and forth preparing the big jump.... he would pace back and forth back and forth getting up the courage to jump.... it was funny to see :p

He still has to jump but a more comfortable distance now. He doesn't like to climb on cage bars and will do anything to avoid it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well done Juliet ! It is our mission to make their lives as comfortable as possible, they totally depend on us . He looks lovely - Love him X x Teresa

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done Juliet ! It is our mission to make their lives as comfortable as possible, they totally depend on us . He looks lovely - Love him X x Teresa
Thanks.

He has already used it a couple of times... he seems to like the step... it's soooo much better now he jumps like a frog with ease up to his "feeding station" ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Lucky birb!!

I was pretty much careless in that sense LOL. I just stuck whatever wherever. My fids seem to like it though lol!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lucky birb!!

I was pretty much careless in that sense LOL. I just stuck whatever wherever. My fids seem to like it though lol!
LOL... it's a lot of fun. I really enjoy using my vice, saw and drill doing construction trying to figure out how to improve things... safely of course ;)

I still have to figure out how I'm gong to make the bottom perches like.... that's where I'll be put putting their honeystick... making it so it suits 2 tiels instead of just one since I'll eventually have 2 tiels ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is sad lol... I had to modify his custom made step 3 freaking times already!! ... because it wasn't quite right.

Here is the perfected step... now he just casually walks up the stairs singing.... la dee da.... :p

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
He was really hoping for an mini-escalator - no climbing needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What a wonderful idea looks like he loves it. I must try that...just need too find the right materials. Nice cage too from what i can see of it

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a wonderful idea looks like he loves it. I must try that...just need too find the right materials. Nice cage too from what i can see of it

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Thanks :) I just used some spare perches I had laying around that weren't in use and sawed them into the correct sizes and then screwed them together. It's fun to build stuff...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts