Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!

Today when I logged in to check my messages...I found an email from someone rehoming her cockatiel!! She wants me to help her!!

Yay, I've got a birdie to find a home for!!

I mean, I just posted on Kijiji last night!!

Lets get out the Champagne!!! :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! I may have already done so! I came home to three e-mails today. One was spam :)rolleyes:) and the other two were about birds. One was a lady asking how to train her budgies, and the other was someone asking how much I wanted for the birds. I asked which birds, and told them to contact the Parrot Adopt Ontario people for info on my foster birds, but then I told them about the tiel and how to fill out the adoption form. Maybe they'll adopt it! :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
its tempting...lol I am such a sucker for things in need :D

I was looking at your site success stories thats great that marvin found a forever home I love reading stories like that, I am sure its not always easy to find a home for the handicapped or the harder to deal with birds.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
How wonderful that you might have already found a home for the tiel. It's sad that this one is being rehomed, but good that it's happening through you, because we all know you'll find it a great home!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I don't know which bird the person meant, but I hope they meant the 'tiel. :)

Here is the tiel's story

http://adopt-a-bird.webs.com/birdsforadoption.htm?blogentryid=2768019

Yes I am very happy my "little marvel" found a home too. Before I got him he was in the rescue for about six months. No one wanted him. :( He had a rough life so far, and was terrified of all the big birds at the rescue, which were never caged. He hid under the kitchen cabnets he was so scared, and everyone was so busy with the macaws and cockatoos and such they had no time for him. He got adopted when I took him to the huge birdshow/fair my bird club throws once a year, and a lovely woman who was a school teacher and had a female greencheek and a budgie, as well as several finches was there with her daughter. I had his story printed out, as well as slips of contact info people could take. The woman took the slip and talked to me, and then she filled out an application online. Then he was adopted. :love:

I hope to have many more success stories like him! :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thats a great story poor little guy, I am sure he is happy and loved in his new home when I saw handicapped I get really emotional, I have worked with disabled people most of my life and alot of them are forgotten so its heartwarming to see people who take an interest ;)

I read the tiel's story maybe with a little love attention and patience he will get over some of his issues ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some Marvin pics. At the rescue there was a plucked macaw with paralyzed feet. She had metal poisoning. :(

Marvin was adorable, he made this little sound "Chibi, Chibi" it was so cute! :love: (Now my Senegal mimics the sound) when I got him he would throw himself to the cage bottum and thrash around if he saw a person. Within a matter of days he was sitting on my finger and stepping up. Before his new caregiver took him home, I held him up to my face and told him to be a good bird and that I loved him. And then he kissed me! He had never done that before! I think he knew he was leaving.

MARVIN PICS

In most of these he is wet from taking a bath. In one, he is cuddled up to the toy I made him. He loved that toy, he would snuggle under it everynight and sit on top of it during the day. I sent it with him. :)

I have some other pics too. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Aly. :D
Just wondering..what type of person & household would you reccomend a tiel to? Just for when I get an application for my little rescue tiel.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Tiels do well with almost anyone. As long as they can provide them the proper care and attention..time is a big thing. They do well with kids also but they tend to be a one person bird.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, ok. This little tiel is a biter though. I said the home should have Cockatiel experience.

Haha..we have so many members here in Southern Ontario, Canada...*evil laugh* Laura..Spike..are you are tempted..?

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Yup, ok. This little tiel is a biter though. I said the home should have Cockatiel experience.

Haha..we have so many members here in Southern Ontario, Canada...*evil laugh* Laura..Spike..are you are tempted..?
Sorry I still live with my parents :rolleyes: Laura doesn't though :p
I think a senior couple would be good to adopt your tiel, that way they can work with him since they are always home :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Sorry I still live with my parents :rolleyes: Laura doesn't though :p
LOL .... your funny :p

I agree that cockatiels do well with just about anyone but I haven't experineced the one person bird, all of my four are with me alone all day will hubbie and kids are at work and school there always out and about with me and the baby they even land on her head...lol which is quite funny to watch her face so you would think that they would prefer me but its not like that here when Ian comes home and the kids they will go right to Ian or one of the kids heck they will go to whoever is here including company none of mine show a preference but I like to think they love mommy the most ..lol :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, good for you in helping out with the rescue birds. I saw Marvin at the bird show. I am glad he got adopted. I have an adopted tiel and 2 others. They get along great now. I hope the tiel gets a home. Whoever adopts him needs to be paitent with him. It could take him a while to settle in. My adopted one took a while to settle in my home. I had have him for about 2 years now. One day I would like to help rescues but have enough of my own birds now and a 9 year old son to take care of. I love birds. I have 7 budgies One was a rescue and two were found outside. Good for you for the work that you do.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Spike only likes me. I do put him on peoples shoulders if he lets me. He is warming up to one of my friends and he seems to love my niece and nephew. Which is good but strange because he does not see them often at all. Iam trying to get him more comfortable with other people. But I have to say that I love that he loves me the most :blush:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts