Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where I should post this, but I wanted to share it because I know you will understand. My favorite vet tech recently passed away quite unexpectedly of a heart attack. She was wonderful with all the animals at the clinic, but I especially appreciated how kind she was to Meshach and me when they diagnosed my little "Me" with cancer. I had to bring Meshach in for x-rays to confirm the sad diagnosis and it was Kellie (the tech) who broke the news to me. As a tech, she couldn't diagnose anything, but took me aside and gently informed me what she thought the x-rays showed. She always held Meshach on her finger and talked to her when I came, and did the same with Bennie when I brought him to the clinic. Sadly, my Bennie will never get to know her like Meshach did. She will be greatly missed.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am sorry for your loss...vet techs can be so great- I had one who stayed with my little dog as she died and I will always remember her fondly for that. She had called us to tell us she wasn't doing good (our little poodle had cancer and she was in the hospital getting treatment for it) but we couldn't get there in time. When we came in she was holding Micki-Su and crying. You can't get any better than that. I am sorry you lost her. I will say a prayer for her tonight.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. It takes a special person to work with animals. Will be thinking of you and her family tonight.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
**Huge Hugs** Everyone else has pretty much said what I was thinking :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
So very sorry to hear this. People like her, who do their job with such heart your feathered/furry ones are treated as one of their own, are so hard to find and so quickly become like friends or even family. My heart is with you.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww :frown: I'm so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my vet tech

Thanks everyone so much for your thoughts and prayers! :) I knew the forum members would understand!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts