Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 year old male and a 5 year old male. They are in their cages from 10pm to 8am each night, and the rest of the day they are free to fly or walk around the house, as my wife works from home.

My 2 'tiels each have their own hidey holes, under different full size cabinets in one room, They will go in there for anywhere from 2-6 hours at a time, then they will have a BIG poop all ready to drop when they come out. They are free to do as they please. Until it is bedtime.

Do your 'tiels have hidey holes or special spots around the house to be by themselves?

·
Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
795 Posts
Yes, we have two whiteface tiels. One female and the other male. there is a wicker basket in the corner next to the sun conures cage that has toys in it for when the grandkids come over. There always hiding in there up to something until one day we looked and found they had been chewing on the basket! If one of your birds were a female, I'd say keep an eye on them when they make themselves scarce for that long. That's how you could end up with a clutch of eggs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.