Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my cockatiel since August. She (or he) is not tamed yet, but she eats from my hand. She hisses at me at the beginning, but then she starts eating from my hand, but only millet. I can see a progress but I can't touch her yet. The problem is she doesn't want to eat fruit and vegetables. I think I tried everything. I put them in her "bowl" and covered them with seeds, I gave them to her raw, cooked, on different ways, but she just hates them and since she is not tamed yet, she doesn't trust me that much and I can't encourage her to eat fruit and vegetables. I seriously don't know what to do... Do you have any tips or something? (Sorry if I made any mistakes, I am learning English)

·
Registered
Normal grey split to pied
180 Posts
I have my cockatiel since August. She (or he) is not tamed yet, but she eats from my hand. She hisses at me at the beginning, but then she starts eating from my hand, but only millet. I can see a progress but I can't touch her yet. The problem is she doesn't want to eat fruit and vegetables. I think I tried everything. I put them in her "bowl" and covered them with seeds, I gave them to her raw, cooked, on different ways, but she just hates them and since she is not tamed yet, she doesn't trust me that much and I can't encourage her to eat fruit and vegetables. I seriously don't know what to do... Do you have any tips or something? (Sorry if I made any mistakes, I am learning English)
Try sprouts, my baby absolutely hates veggies and fruits but adores sprouts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts