Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Got a baby cockatiel, he/she is about 3/4 months old. Everytime I take Him out he screeches and the screeches get louder and louder, the person I got Him from told me that he’s probably hungry and to syringe feed him once a day. I feed Him every night and he also does eat his regular seeds and pellets I’ve put for him and drinks water aswell. I know He is too big to be fed formula still but I need help! I cant Tell if the screeching is from hunger or excitement or if something else is wrong. I’ve only had him for 5 days and everytime I take Him out this happens. Please help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
He could be feeling a little insecure being removed from his cage. I was told when I first got mine to give her a day or two without removing her from her cage to just get used to her new environment. Still interact with them but through the cage. Does he come to you to come out of the cage? If he's eating the formula your giving him then it could also be hunger. Also how much sleep is he getting? Cockatiels need a good 12 hours sleep everyday and if they don't get it they screech a good deal more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He could be feeling a little insecure being removed from his cage. I was told when I first got mine to give her a day or two without removing her from her cage to just get used to her new environment. Still interact with them but through the cage. Does he come to you to come out of the cage? If he's eating the formula your giving him then it could also be hunger. Also how much sleep is he getting? Cockatiels need a good 12 hours sleep everyday and if they don't get it they screech a good deal more.
]

I’ve had him/her for about 2 weeks now and he still screeches. and that’s the thing he’s definitely not hungry. He eats plenty of seeds and pellets that I have in his cage, he also eats a lot of millet but I try not to give him too much so he doesn’t just get used to that because he loves it. He also drinks plenty of water so I know for a fact nutrition isn’t the issue. I’m going to try and put him to bed sooner but he does get a good amount of sleep either way. I usually Will put him to sleep like 7 and wake up around 8. I dont Feel he is insecure about leaving the cage because he immediately climbs onto my finger once I put It inside the cage. And if I just Leave the cage open he will walk right out. If he’s distracted doing his own thing he won’t screech it’s ONLY when we are personally touching him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts