Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new here and I have a cockatiel who is 7 month old. He is very clingy and does not want to leave me for even one second. He sticks to me from time to time.
I place him on the stand or Java tree when he is out of his cage since I have my works to do also when he stays in the cage, he is unhappy and nervous. But, he does not want to stay on the Java tree and similar stand, every time I place him here, he will fly onto the ground and look for me. What should I do to ask him stay here by himself?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new here and I have a cockatiel who is 7 month old. He is very clingy and does not want to leave me for even one second. He sticks to me from time to time.
I place him on the stand or Java tree when he is out of his cage since I have my works to do also when he stays in the cage, he is unhappy and nervous. But, he does not want to stay on the Java tree and similar stand, every time I place him here, he will fly onto the ground and look for me. What should I do to ask him stay here by himself?
You should try some reinforcement training. For example, place him on the stand and if he stays there for a few seconds without flying away, give him a treat and slowly increase the time he is on there giving him a treat each time. Also, you could keep him busy by putting toys on his stand and his cage so he doesnt get bored

1 - 3 of 3 Posts