Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am doing this for myself as i had been holding back and being the strong one in the family as a dad.
Mickey passed on today (conjunctivitis) after waiting for me to wake up, he gathered his last strength to walk, climb the bed to approach me & died on my chest less than a minute later. (like those in Hollywood movies)
He would be 5 years old this july.
We adopted him since he was a month old, an ugly duckling nobody wanted.
us & our 3 kids always wonder why Mickey like me so much. he would always try his hardest to get to me wherever i am. even when i was sleeping ( i move a lot when i sleep, so he was very patient abt that )

he was always the friendliest to us and never bit any of us. in short, he was really a good boy.
i am typing this alone and now i can cry after kids are asleep. dammit this is too painful for me to continue.
we had another tiel who was close to me & he passed few years back

i am not getting any pet close to me ever again, just let my wife & daughter do what they do. i'm not cut out for this ****
this post will be a reminder for me
(he shed his spots about 1 year old)

UPDATE: Left to Right - Blue Daze, Pink Trumpet, Rosemary ( representing our 3 children )
not quite sure about planting this is my first time, feel free to give advice (browsing can only get you so far)
Also we plan to clone him when it is available for birds (now it states only cats & dogs)

Registered
I am doing this for myself as i had been holding back and being the strong one in the family as a dad.
Mickey passed on today (conjunctivitis) after waiting for me to wake up, he gathered his last strength to walk, climb the bed to approach me & died on my chest less than a minute later. (like those in Hollywood movies)
He would be 5 years old this july.
We adopted him since he was a month old, an ugly duckling nobody wanted.
us & our 3 kids always wonder why Mickey like me so much. he would always try his hardest to get to me wherever i am. even when i was sleeping ( i move a lot when i sleep, so he was very patient abt that )

he was always the friendliest to us and never bit any of us. in short, he was really a good boy.
i am typing this alone and now i can cry after kids are asleep. dammit this is too painful for me to continue.
we had another tiel who was close to me & he passed few years back

i am not getting any pet close to me ever again, just let my wife & daughter do what they do. i'm not cut out for this ****
this post will be a reminder for me
View attachment 93098 View attachment 93099 (he shed his spots about 1 year old)
I'm so sorry to hear. He sounded SO sweet.. I'm really sorry this happened. RIP. 馃槥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so sorry to hear. He sounded SO sweet.. I'm really sorry this happened. RIP. 馃槥
yes he was, the BEST personality tiel we ever had ( we had 6, currently 4 ) 馃槶 those 4 have naughty playful characters.
while Mickey could chill with me on computer all day long. always wondered what he was thinking on my shoulder

Registered
yes he was, the BEST personality tiel we ever had ( we had 6, currently 4 ) 馃槶 those 4 have naughty playful characters.
while Mickey could chill with me on computer all day long. always wondered what he was thinking on my shoulder
So sad... 馃槩 I hope you feel better soon... I've lost a pet before, I know its hard... Again, I'm so sorry this happened.

Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
I know JUST how you feel Stwolf. I am SO sorry to hear you've lost both your pet tiels. I've lost four and know it hurts like **** every time! Our female ( Dacey ) which gave us our first clutch died while she was still feeding the babies!! Our vet thinks she may have asperated food for the chicks and got an infection in her lungs. Thankfully the dad ( Kiwi ) stepped up and fed them for another week until my wife and I hand raised them. We even have a small fenced off area where 3 of our birds are buried with a little marker. I DO know this: in a very short time I became SO attached to cockatiels that I would NEVER give them up! Although you will never forget the one's you lost ( just like humans) only time will heal you heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.