Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had 2 cockatiels one named Albert and one named Mojo. This morning we found Albert dead on the bottom of the cage. We think that he freaked out in the middle of the night and hit the cage bar and broke his neck. Our other cockatiel Mojo has been calling for him some earlier this morning, but now he is very energetic and singing. I want to know what might be going on. It seems that Mojo is looking for albert because he is going back and forth on his main perch and is showing his wings off like he is about to fly

·
Registered
936 Posts
So sorry about losing Albert. Seems Mojo is probably distressed and so he's agitated, not happy. Cockatiels do mourn the loss of a cage companion or others. I recently lost my budgie suddenly and my 3 tiels were very upset and wouldn't stop screaming. Their fuss is what led me to discover Lucky at the bottom of her cage. She had been suffering from a tumor or reproductive problem and I was treating her through a vet but she was very old :( . The birds cry too, in their own way...

Try to give Mojo extra special attention and treats to comfort him -spend more time with him and talk soothingly. It helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts