Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cockatiel Rosie has been limping for the past 2 days and when perching on my finger or anywhere else, she barely touches her right foot to the perch/ground. I picked her up and looked at her foot but couldn’t find anything wrong, no discoloration, no blood, nothing swollen or out of place. Same goes with her leg. I just can’t figure out why she’s limping. What should I do?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If there is no sign off wound, just keep an eye on your cockatiel. Her condition should improve within a few days if she did feel uncomfortable.

And cockatiel do favor one foot from time to time. Actually all birds stand one foot from time to time while resting. So, I won't worry too much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even though the leg seems fine sometimes the wood that they use in most cages... the unnatural kind can cause calluses. I use only rope purchase and real wood for my cockatiels. Definitely never any sand paper covers or anything like that. My lovebirds developed blister like lesions on their feet when I used to use it when I didn't know any better. Now it's only natural wood and soft rope perches. Keep nails trimmed so they don't catch and if there's ever any shedding of the strings cut them off or if really worn get a new one. Amazon has them cheaply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts