Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy has developed quite serious diabetes.
He was a lost bird we have adopted & had for a little over 12 months, so we dont know his previous history.
He was always mildly polyuric, but that became chronic along with other symptoms when he went through a heavy molt back in May.
His sugar level in his urine is through the roof, and we will be looking at options with avian vets during the week for treatment.
I had a previous thread unrelated to the Diabetes, and Roxy has already given some great input.
I am just hoping there may be other people out there who have been through the same & can offer any advice & additional direction.
I am obviously very insecure about what this will all mean for the precious little guy long term...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello Vince ! I just wanted to thank you for your kind replies to my posts and also wish your Tiel the best of luck! It must be really hard to deal with bird-diabetes but surely it can be controlled just like human's version? Hope you find the right medicine and diet for him. Sorry if I cant be more helpful but I junst never have encountered with such a problem before..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Vince, any news about Rascal's condition?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So sorry to hear :( I don't have any advice, hopefully someone else does. Sending well-wishes your way from my flock and I.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
diabetes

Vince I am so sorry to hear about your bird's illness. I have no experience with this, but I hope you can find a vet who can help. Hugs to you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts