Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your birds have strange obsessions? Zappy has quite a few! He is obsessed with fabric. It doesn't matter what kind. He loves socks, towels, shirts, pants, sheets, even underwear! When I'm training him, he would rather have his reward be his favorite pair of socks than millet. He heart-wings constantly when fabric is present. He also serenades fabric. I can't tell you how many times I have walked into the room to see him singing Jingle Bells or the Indiana Jones theme to his favorite "Sock Buddy."

·
Registered
786 Posts
That is so cute! Milo likes fabric also, but he likes to chew on it, while I am wearing it :eek:
He also likes to get all tangled up in my hair when its wet (my hair is long). They are silly little birdies, aren't they?

·
Registered
414 Posts
My Sammy is obsessed with bells. He rings them, chews them, even talks to them. He can say, "Ring the bell Sammy". I make sure all of his toys have a bell on them.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
It isn't an obsession as such, but he has gone from talking to his broccoli (for hours) to wanting to stand on it while he eats it.

He spends a bit of time telling his own foot "I love you! Good morning!" off and on through the day.

He does like to lick walls. I suppose that is a bit of an obsession.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Schubert has started to go vogue as of late. He'll scratch his face and then just... hold his foot against his face and stare at me through this toes. Whenever I go to grab my phone to snap a picture, he'll quickly put his foot down and stand up straight like "I wasn't doing anything!".

I hope to outsmart him and get a picture sometime soon.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Schubert has started to go vogue as of late. He'll scratch his face and then just... hold his foot against his face and stare at me through this toes. Whenever I go to grab my phone to snap a picture, he'll quickly put his foot down and stand up straight like "I wasn't doing anything!".

I hope to outsmart him and get a picture sometime soon.
I would love to see a pic of that! :D I know how difficult it can be to get pics of the really cool/cute things. Joey sees my phone and all cuteness stops immediately.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My boy loves fabric too. He likes to have it around his neck and on his head and he will often find a position where he can have fabric as he wants to have it. He once put his neck under the arm of a bunny and was very, very happy. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Baby obsesses over her ball she spends most of the day carrying it up her ladder than when she does it she throws it off and starts again.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Baby obsesses over her ball she spends most of the day carrying it up her ladder than when she does it she throws it off and starts again.
A little bit like Sisiphus, but voluntary fun, not a punishment! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts