Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a baby cocktail, I’m a first time bird owner and she’s been with us a little over a month. I want to believe she’s female but may be male with how talkative she is. But anyway, at first she hated us, wouldn’t let us near her and as soon as we made any progress she regressed. i had her finally eating out of my hand and coming to a perch I have on the door and she sat with me a bit. I couldn’t touch her but she tolerated my fingers around her mullet Spry. Now she hates when we uncover the cage and screams all day until we cover it, she won’t eat out of our hand anymore even if we come to her, it’s a lot of hissing and snapping if we get close or just running. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong 🥺

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I got a baby cocktail, I’m a first time bird owner and she’s been with us a little over a month. I want to believe she’s female but may be male with how talkative she is. But anyway, at first she hated us, wouldn’t let us near her and as soon as we made any progress she regressed. i had her finally eating out of my hand and coming to a perch I have on the door and she sat with me a bit. I couldn’t touch her but she tolerated my fingers around her mullet Spry. Now she hates when we uncover the cage and screams all day until we cover it, she won’t eat out of our hand anymore even if we come to her, it’s a lot of hissing and snapping if we get close or just running. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong 🥺
Be patient. My friend got a one year old that wasn’t tamed and would hiss all the time. It took some time but the birdie finally came around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts