Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly my 3 months old cockatiel had his leg broken by accident I tried to do first aid and wraped the leg supported with tooth stick hope it works and can fix his leg.
He started to eat and drink right after I put him back to the cage. I didn't feel any movement in his toes. Do you think it still can be fixed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I looked for a vet she wraped his leg and gave me 3 meds for pain, nerve and for inflammation. He still not able to move the toes but he eats well even moving around with his siblings normally I guess he feels no pain but still worry about his toes 😭 I will go to the vet in 2 weeks to see if there is any progress

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Poor baby! :( So glad you were able to see a good vet. Make sure you keep the perches in his cage low to the bottom so he is at less risk of climbing and falling from a height.

I hope he starts improving soon and wish him best of luck in his recovery. Please keep us updated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.