Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I would still never let her out when the ceiling fan is on, or take her outside, clipped wings or not...too risky! For now I am just glad she is home safe, though. :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Flying away, egg binding, and ceiling fans... Three of my worst fears (for Taco). So happy you got your best friend back. Hope she doesn't venture off again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am so happy to hear that you got her back! Best news ever! Congrats! <3

·
Registered
317 Posts
Im so happy for you! ive been following this thread hoping for a happy ending! I would never cope if my babies flew away!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Best case scenario for losing a bird; you never lost sight of her. Soooo happy for you and relieved for baby. I lost my cockatiel on Oahu, too, there is an "Aloha Parrot Association" that will send out alerts for your bird. Hawaii is the best place to lose a bird though; no predatory birds, mild temperatures, plenty of food and water. The #1 thing to worry about is someone keeping the bird...once again, very very happy for you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Chipper&Trille, she was away for approx 30 hours, poor baby :(
Thanks again everyone for sending positive thoughts :)
Lulu, wow, someone else from Oahu! I am on the windward side and it was raining a lot when she was out so the weather wasn't that great :( although probably a lot better than how cold some of the mainland states can get.
I was thinking that it was a horrible place for her to get lost, considering how many trees and plants we have here, but once I think about it, it is a lot better. Not only because of those reasons but because it is a little less industrialized than the mainland, probably meaning less chances of her getting hurt or slamming into a window.

I've heard of the Hawaiian Parrot association, it sounds so cool! I would love to attend their meetings but unfortunately do not have money to spend on monthly membership dues!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yaaay, such a happy ending!! My heart sank when I read the first post but so much happiness and relief when I read you found her.

I lost my cockatiel last year. It was my fault, i put her outside in her cage and didnt realise the door wasnt shut properly and she got out and flew away. Sadly we never got her back and even though it was 15 months ago, I still feel guilty for it.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
So happy for you that you got your baby back!! Congrats :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank you Charvicki!! :)

And Carie88 I'm so terribly sorry :( Do you have one now? I was feeling so sad when I thought she couldn't come back, and my boyfriend was talking about getting me a new one, not necessarily to replace her but to help me not fall into a depression, because me being the overly sensitive person I am, probably would have.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ohhh yes, I'm on windward too, out in the boonies! I'm not a member of the association but in case you do ever lose a bird again god forbid, they will contact you and give you really good tips, they have helped countless people find their birds specifically in Hawaii because they really care. They called me after I left a hysterical email on their site and really calmed me down...:p it was very sweet of them!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Oh yay! I was a bit late on this thread so I was reading it thinking 'oh no' and then I read you got her back.

I am so happy for you. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm so glad you got her back safe at home :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts