Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5-6 month old cockatiel vomited i need help immediately as he had what looks like saliva but feels like slime on him he also shakes his head and sent what looked like and felt like clear mucus and got his feathers caked together how do i clean that and I think he might have vomited from nausea as I was spinning with him he is also very less in weight pls help and I cannot take him to a vet so what do

·
Registered
71 Posts
Someone on here suggested to someone else a virtual chat with an avian vet. Good idea. Use a damp warm cloth to clean him. If you can, take him out of his cage and clean it thoroughly. Check his food. Consider that his food might be tainted. Get new food ASAP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well he is fine but his poop is now almost like full yellow liquid urine even though he eats solids and we cannot take him to the vet because there is not any near and the ones that are are for cats and dogs

·
Registered
71 Posts
Then he really isn’t ok. Poop is an indicator of intestinal health. I’m not a vet but it could be parasites. Good luck. I hope everything is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts